- Ford Performance unveils the all-new 2023 E-Transit SuperVan 4.2 for the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, showcasing cutting-edge electric vehicle technology.
- Esteemed motorsports legend Romain Dumas will drive the SuperVan 4.2, continuing Ford's rich tradition at the iconic mountain race.
- The SuperVan 4.2 is a competitive machine designed to conquer the mountain quickly, highlighting Ford's commitment to EV performance.
- With a complete aerodynamic redesign, including a lightweight carbon fiber rear spoiler and front splitter, the SuperVan 4.2 stays planted on the challenging mountain roads.
- The powertrain enhancements, including STARD's Ultra High Performance Li-Polymer NMC pouch cells and reduced motor count, optimize power-to-weight ratio for an impressive performance.
- The SuperVan 4.2 boasts over 1,050 kW (1,400 horsepower) combined discharge power and utilizes a new 600 kW regeneration performance for optimal energy utilization.
- Enhanced chassis components, such as a revised regenerative braking system, carbon ceramic brake discs, and lightweight magnesium forged wheels, contribute to the SuperVan 4.2's agility and performance.
- Ford Performance and STARD have created a minimalist race interior, removing unnecessary weight to ensure the SuperVan 4.2 achieves its best possible time on the mountain.
- Stay tuned for exclusive coverage and updates on the SuperVan 4.2's performance at The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
- Explore the captivating image gallery featuring the SuperVan 4.2, showcasing its groundbreaking design and remarkable features.
Ford Performance is thrilled to announce its electrifying entry, the improved 2023 Ford E-Transit SuperVan 4.2, for the 101st running of The Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb brought to you by Gran Turismo. This eagerly awaited event will showcase the groundbreaking design, advanced technologies, and unique features of the SuperVan 4.2, optimized to conquer the challenging hill climb.
Continuing a Legacy of Performance:
With a storied history dating back to 1916 and the iconic Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, Ford vehicles have consistently made their mark. This year, the esteemed motorsports legend Romain Dumas, renowned for his exceptional skill set and extensive experience, will take the wheel of the SuperVan 4.2, marking his eighth appearance at this renowned mountain race. Ford Performance's rich tradition at Pikes Peak continues with this dynamic driver behind the wheel.
Pushing the Boundaries of Electric Power:
Ford Performance has once again partnered with STARD Advanced Research and Development to create the SuperVan 4.2, tailored to conquer the mountain and showcase the immense potential of electric vehicles in motorsports. As the automotive industry propels toward an electrified future, the SuperVan 4.2 takes center stage, demonstrating the extraordinary capabilities of electric power. Its revised aerodynamics and dedicated hill climb powertrain ensure an electrifying performance at the legendary Pikes Peak International Hill Climb.
Optimized Performance for Victory:
"Together with our STARD partners, we have built the E-Transit SuperVan 4.2 to be a truly competitive machine focused on getting to the top of the mountain quickly. The Pikes Peak Hill Climb presents the perfect opportunity to showcase Ford's electric vehicle technology and bring light to EV Performance," explains Mark Rushbrook, Global Director of Ford Performance Motorsports.
The SuperVan 4.2, an enhanced version of its predecessor, boasts a complete aerodynamic redesign, specifically engineered to slice through the high-altitude air of Pikes Peak while generating over 4,400 pounds of downforce at speeds of up to 150 miles per hour. Key aerodynamic features include a lightweight carbon fiber rear spoiler and front splitter, ensuring the SuperVan 4.2 maintains stability on the winding mountain roads. Furthermore, the chassis underwent weight reduction to enhance overall balance and agility, allowing for nimble navigation through the twists and turns.
Refined Powertrain for Optimal Performance:
Significant refinements have been made to the powertrain of the SuperVan 4.2. By utilizing STARD's Ultra High Performance Li-Polymer NMC pouch cells and reducing the number of STARD UHP 6-phase motors from four to three, the van achieves an optimal power-to-weight ratio while retaining its all-wheel-drive system. With an impressive combined discharge power of over 1,050 kW (1,400 horsepower) and the battery's new 600 kW regeneration performance, the SuperVan 4.2 can unleash its full potential while maximizing energy utilization.
Enhanced Chassis Components:
Ford Performance and STARD have equipped the SuperVan 4.2 with a range of enhanced chassis components. These include a revised regenerative braking system with carbon ceramic brake discs, lightweight magnesium forged wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero™ race tires, upgraded driveshafts, a perspex windscreen, and a minimalist race interior. Every element is carefully optimized to shed unnecessary weight and ensure the SuperVan 4.2 achieves its best possible time on the mountain.