2020 Peugeot e-208
2020 Peugeot e-208
2020 Peugeot e-208
In a B segment tending ever more towards standardisation, to the detriment of notions such as pleasure or youthfulness, the Peugeot brand sets itself apart in introducing the alluring new Peugeot 208.
Because car usage is shifting, because energy transition is a true opportunity, new Peugeot 208 offers, right from launch, three different energy source options – electric, petrol or diesel. Body line no longer dictates vehicle usage!
This new Peugeot 208 generation, which fits perfectly into the brand’s upmarket move strategy, is distinguished by its keen design that brings with it a breath of youth and energy.
In addition to original, distinctive styling, new Peugeot 208 is also breaking ground with a new generation Peugeot i-Cockpit© including a 3D head-up display and myriad driving aids normally reserved for higher market segments.
#FUTURISTIC & YOUNG
The world is changing and the future holds many questions. In the automotive sector, as is other fields, new challenges call for appropriate responses. Building on its 208-year history, the Peugeot brand is calmly and practically committing to the energy transition era, offering an exciting yet reassuring vision of the future: #UNBORINGTHEFUTURE.
New Peugeot 208 is a new component in this vision of the future: it asserts a youthful image and communicates all its energy, spontaneity that reflect the values of the Peugeot brand – High Expectations, Style and Emotion. Its lithe appearance epitomises cheerful, sporty vitality, brimming with promise. Its sleek, quality design gives it a high-end look that is perfectly in keeping with the Peugeot brand’s up-market strategy. New Peugeot 208 is at the core of the B segment, making its own contribution to what makes the Peugeot range so successful: assertive design combined with distinctive innovation and technology.
New Peugeot 208 sits on the PSA Group’s latest generation vehicle platform, CMP (Common Modular Platform). Dedicated to segments B and C, this new vehicle base complements the EMP2 (Efficient Modular Platform).
As its name implies, the CMP platform is adaptable in terms of dimensions and engine variants. Accommodating all power sources, it will enable customers to select their preferred type of power train, a traditional combustion engine (petrol or diesel) or an electric motor.
Economy was the watchword throughout the development phase. This new platform helps to limit new Peugeot 208’s CO2 emissions, due to:
- reduction in weight (30 kg lighter vs. the F1 platform),
- improved aerodynamics (levelled floor-pan, electronically controlled air inlets),
- reduced roll resistance (Class A tyres, reduced suspension friction),
- power train optimisation (improved combustion output, down-sizing, reduced mechanical friction, transmission extension and generalisation of Stop & Start).
The CMP platform also provides for increased comfort and safety levels:
- greater acoustic and thermal comfort on board, lower vibration levels,
- driving aids normally reserved for higher market segments and unprecedented in the B segment.
New Peugeot e-208: e-motion
New Peugeot e-208 offers a lively, stimulating driving experience with its 100% electric engine, available from launch:
- 100 KW (136 bhp) electric engine developing 260 Nm of torque (available from 0 km/h) for instant reactivity,
- silent engine, zero vibration,
- technology display on central screen (real-time drive train functional display).
New Peugeot e-208 proposes three drive modes:
- Eco: to optimise range
- Normal: optimum comfort for everyday use
- Sport: priority is given to performance and sensations, maximum power and torque (0 to 100 km/h in 8.1s).
Two braking modes are also available via the gear lever with appropriate battery regeneration:
- Moderate, providing a sensation close to that felt when braking with a combustion engine,
- Augmented, for controlled deceleration by means of the accelerator pedal.
New Peugeot e-208 offers the best thermal comfort on the market with:
- a high-power heater element (5 kW) powered by the HV battery,
- a heat pump and automatic temperature control in the passenger compartment, providing the same comfort standard as in a vehicle powered by a combustion engine. Vehicle range is preserved due to improved power efficiency compared to conventional climate control,
- heated seats (according to version),
- programmable thermal pre-conditioning, controlled from touch screen or remotely by the MyPeugeot® smartphone application. Besides comfort, this function allows vehicle range optimisation (the set temperature is reached more rapidly during start phases) and enables the optimum battery functional temperature to be attained sooner.
Interior and boot-space are identical to the ICE version. The batteries, which take up a volume of 220L, are distributed under the floor pan in new Peugeot 208.
Hallmark of the Peugeot brand, new Peugeot e-208’s running gear has been optimised and specific technical solutions have been applied (optimum mass distribution). This enables new Peugeot e-208 to achieve dynamic performances on a par with the combustion engine version.
New Peugeot e-208 is fitted with a 50 kWh large-capacity battery enabling a vehicle range of up to 340 km, according to the WLTP (Worldwide harmonised Light vehicles Test Procedures) certification protocol and 450 km according to NEDC (New European Driving Cycle). Linked to the passenger compartment cooling system, fluid-cooled temperature control enables fast recharging, optimised range and increased life-span. This battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160 000 km for 70% of its charge capacity.
Charging modes are flexible and adapted to everyday use. Three charge modes are possible:
- using a conventional domestic socket or for a full charge in 16 hours, using a heavy-duty Legrand® Green Up™ socket, supplied complete with charging cable,
- from a Wall Box, providing a full charge in 5 hours 15 minutes for the three-phase version (11 kW) or in 8 hours for mono-phase (7.4 kW),
- using a dedicated public charging terminal: battery thermal regulation permits the use of 100 kW chargers, 80% of the charge being reached in 30 minutes.
New Peugeot e-208 can also be remotely charged if programmed via the Connected Navigation screen or using the MyPeugeot® smartphone application. This system also enables you to start or stop charging at any time and allows you to check the charge status.
To support its customers in the energy transition, Peugeot is launching a new service offering, in parallel to new Peugeot e-208 marketing operations, based on three keystones:
- Easy-Charge or how to facilitate access to the different charging solutions for our customers:
- A range of at-home or office charging solutions with a broad choice of equipment (heavy-duty socket, Wallbox, Smart Wallbox, etc.), a diagnostic service to assess the electric installation and plan for a better charging solution and final installation,
- A public charge offering via Free2Move Services, including a charge pass giving access to over 85,000 charging points in Europe : pre-selection of terminals according to distance, speed and price of recharging. The connected navigation takes care of the guidance to the chosen terminal.
- Easy-Move or how to ensure the mobility of our customers in all circumstances, with:
- Trip planner : a trip planning and organisational tool for long journeys via Free2Move Services ; proposal of the best routes taking into account the residual autonomy and the location of charging stations on the road. Sending the route to Connected Navigation allows to find this route within the vehicle,
- Mobility Pass: extended and guaranteed mobility by means of a pass for a rental vehicle at any time as a function of requirements,
- E-coaching: a tool in the MyPeugeot application that allows to receive advice on how to optimize the driving and the autonomy of new e-208.
- Serenity or how to reassure our customers in their discovery process and let them enjoy their car in complete peace of mind :
- New digital journey simulators to promote discovery of the electric vehicle world on the Peugeot websites,
- Special service contracts and road-side assistance, which may be included in a single finance package, to ensure peace of mind at all times,
- A battery capacity certificate to facilitate vehicle resale with a guarantee of the vehicle’s battery charge capacity.
New Peugeot e-208 opens up access to a new form of mobility offering the freedom to drive in town, even in cities where vehicle restrictions are in place.
New Peugeot 208: compatible with Euro6.d standards
New Peugeot 208 possesses a full range of cutting-edge, Euro6.d-compliant petrol engines and €6.d-temp-compliant diesel engines. Unique in segment B, PureTech 100 and 130 are available with the EAT8 eight-speed automatic gearbox.
- Petrol, 3-cylinder, 1.2L cc engines:
- PureTech 75 S&S BVM5
- PureTech 100 S&S BVM6 or EAT8
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8.
- Diesel, 4-cylinder, 1.5L cc engine:
- BlueHDi 100 S&S BVM6.
For regions where emission control requirements are less stringent, engines fitted with a mechanical gearbox (BVM6) or automatic gearbox (EAT6) will also be available.
New Peugeot 208: sleek, desirable design
New Peugeot 208’s exterior is so distinctive and tasteful that it is able to dispense with chrome fittings, revealing the strength of an expressive design with pleasing proportions. It is well and truly at the centre of Peugeot’s up-market move.
Longer, wider and lower than the current Peugeot 208, this new generation reveals a distinctive bodyline, suggesting sportiness with its clean, taut lines. There is also a clear touch of sensuality conferred by the wide shaped wings and overall body curves – a discreet balance between soft and firm.
From the side, new Peugeot 208 reveals its pared-back windscreen that allows space for a longer, sculpted bonnet. To underscore the sporty look, the extreme-angled quarter light is perfectly aligned with the rear wheel arch. The GT Line or GT versions feature glossy black wheel arch flaring: this streamlines the body, making the wheel diameter appear larger. On these premium versions, the 17-inch wheel rims are adorned with screw-in, customisable inserts which improve the aerodynamic effect and reduce the un-sprung mass (-3.6 kg per vehicle).
Immediately recognisable, the front end is a clever blend echoing the visual signature of the lower section of new Peugeot and the Full LED 3-claw headlight signature (according to version). The front bumper is designed as a single contour containing a perfectly-integrated, single outlet radiator grill in the centre, bearing the iconic Peugeot Lion. The tip of the bonnet shows off the 208 badge.
As a follow-on from Peugeot 3008/5008/508, the rear end of new Peugeot 208 stands out with its black band running over the width of the boot lid, linking the 3-claw lights (which are also day-running). The design is exact, shapes are taut. The rear diffuser is available in a gloss black finish and, depending on the engine variant, may be enhanced by a chrome exhaust tail pipe.
In addition to standard body colours and the Black Diamond roof, new Peugeot 208 has a range of tints that are the perfect reflection of the vehicle’s energetic and dynamic character:
- Metallic Faro yellow,
- Triple coat Vertigo blue,
- Elixir red with colour top-coat: this process deepens the depth of colour. The body shape is enhanced with reflections.
New Peugeot e-208 is adorned with instantly recognisable exterior signs:
- Body colour-coded radiator grill,
- Dichroic Lions (the Lions appear to change colour as a function of the angle of view),
- “e-208 ” badge at the rear and an “e” on the rear wings.
New Peugeot 208 : high-tech, high-touch
Inspired by the Peugeot FRACTAL concept car, new Peugeot 208 benefits from a new unparalleled generation of the Peugeot i-Cockpit®, an inseparable part of the Peugeot DNA, with a firm following of over 5 million drivers.
The Peugeot i-Cockpit® on new Peugeot 208 features the same seamless 3-tier ergonomic structure as on the other models in the range.
Eye: all information is easy to see, carefully placed in the drivers field of view. Depending on the spec. level, the Peugeot i-Cockpit® 3D instrument panel display information that can be read at two levels. On the upper digital pad, information is projected in hologram form. The data is dynamic, being displayed closer or further to the driver’s eye as a function of importance or urgency, thus increasing reactivity by around half a second. Above the toggle switches in the central section, the touch screen is available in 5, 7 or 10-inch versions, depending on the spec. level and options selected.
Hands: all materials used are agreeable to the touch, gaps and alignments are minimal, tactile or physical controls are cleverly positioned. From the Active finish level (depending on the country), the dashboard is padded and the central section is embellished with a “carbon” finish. The compact steering wheel has been adopted from the higher market segments. The EAT 8 Shift and Park by Wire control is intuitive and ergonomic. The associated steering wheel paddle controls allow occasional manual gear-shifting without ever losing automatic mode.
Body: the passenger compartment forms a cockpit enveloping the occupants. The seats are exceedingly comfortable and easy to maintain.
Great attention was paid to the proportions and layout of new Peugeot 208’s storage spaces. In addition to the door bins and glovebox, there are 3 storage areas along the vehicle (depending on version):
- A large storage area under the armrest between the front seats,
- An easy-access tray in front of the gear lever,
- A clever concealable storage space in the central console can be used to discreetly induction-charge a smartphone. The cover rear section is designed to enable a smartphone to the positioned in the open position.
New Peugeot 208: a smart upmarket move
New Peugeot 208 is available in five spec levels: Like, Active, Allure, GT Line and GT.
The high-end versions, GT Line and GT feature distinctive styling cues:
- Full LED headlights with 3-claw lighting signature,
- Gloss black wheel arch trim and window weather strips,
- 17″ alloy wheel rims with inserts,
- Neat passenger compartment details: black roof lining with Adamite overstitching, 8 ambient lighting colour options, sport seats, aluminium pedal assembly.
Specially for Peugeot e-208, the GT spec. level is even more distinctive, with:
- Exclusive Alcantara©/Greval gray upholstery in association with 3D technical mesh knit,
- 17′ wheel rims with special inserts.
New Peugeot 208: ultra-reassuring
With Drive Assist, new Peugeot 208 is forging the way to semi-automatic driving with its latest, best-in-segment generation of driving aids:
- Adaptive Cruise Control, Stop & Go with the EAT8 (or Automatic Cruise Control Stop & Go) with adjustable inter-vehicle distance information. In a traffic queue, vehicle restarting is automatic if the stoppage lasts less than 3 seconds Otherwise, by a quick flip on the accelerator pedal or the tip of the steering column stalk, the function is re-initiated. The function is available from 0 km/h. With the 30 km/h function available with the manual gearbox, following a braking operation bringing the vehicle to under 30 km/h, cruise control then is put on hold and the driver has to take over, use the clutch and brake until the vehicle comes to a full halt,
- Lane positioning assistance, whereby the driver can chose the lane position (associated with ACC Stop & Go),
- Full Park Assist with Flankguard (with the EAT8 AGB). The system automatically manages steering, acceleration and braking when entering or leaving a parking space,
- Latest generation Automatic Emergency Brake Assist (detection of pedestrians and cyclists by day and night from 5km/h to 140 km/h) and warns of a risk of collision,
- Active lane (or verge) keeping assist with course correction from 65 km/h upwards,
- Driver Attention Monitoring, which detects the driver’s alertness on long journeys as from 65 km/h using steering wheel micro-movement analysis techniques,
- Automatic headlight dipping,
- Speed limit recognition and recommendation,
- Extended traffic sign recognition (Stop, No Entry signs),
- Active Blind Spot Monitoring (with course correction). This function is available as from 12km/h,
- Electric parking brake.
New Peugeot 208: ultra-connected
Our smartphones are an integral part of our lives, which is why new Peugeot’s Mirror Screen function is compatible with the MirrorLink™, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ connection protocols. An induction charging spot is conveniently positioned in the storage space under the central console and up to four USB sockets are available (including a type C).
TomTom® Traffic connected 3D navigation indicates the traffic conditions and risk zones in real time.